A thorough and detailed valuation and report carried out from our offices, not requiring an attended site visit.
Why choose the Desktop valuation?
- The service is simple to use. All we require from you is a few basic, easily accessible pieces of information – including a copy of a sample lease, from which we will determine the lease plan. If this is not available we will need historic Estate Agent’s details for the property or a detailed description of the property and each of the participating flats.
- It is fast; we usually deliver the report within 7 – 10 days of receiving the relevant information.
- The desktop valuation is a more detailed, thorough and comprehensive analysis of the lease and the property’s value, containing three calculations: the likely settlement price, the Landlord’s anticipated offer or counter-offer, and what we think you should put forth as an opening offer in informal negotiations or should a Notice of Claim be served.
- We have access to professional online data resources that let us undertake the desktop valuation and research comparable properties, meaning our report is based on a wide variety of solid evidence.
- We provide a flat-by-flat breakdown, including what is payable by participants and non-participants. Sometimes an emergent enfranchisement doesn’t proceed, so we can also include a lease extension valuation for each flat. In this way our report is adaptable and relevant to every circumstance.
- The advantage of this type of report is that it gives you a best-case worse-case scenario breakdown as we set out the spectrum of the figures. It also puts us in a ready position to negotiate the premium if a Notice of Claim is served or should you enter into informal negotiations.
Desktop valuations start from £365 plus VAT. Call us today to discuss your case.
A desktop valuation is useful for either Tenants or Landlords, however for Landlords we usually recommend an attended site visit, and in that case the Tenant pays all the Landlord’s reasonable valuations fees so it makes sense.
We often recommend this service for properties with a value of up to £500,000, or where the leases are generally in excess of 80 years and there is local transactional evidence to support the valuation. The longer the lease, the lower the premium. For higher value properties, or properties in Prime Central London or on a shorter lease, we may recommend that an attended site visit is more appropriate.